Thankful for each of these beautiful, undeserved days.
Thankful for a roommate who helps me pack Operation Christmas Child boxes and whom I hear laughing in the morning as Denise Austen announces,”this exercise is great for the triceps, so when we wave goodbye nothing jiggles!”
i-have-learned-the-secret asked: On xanga a person recently told me that I was very blessed to have you. I agree. This is my heart's response, "I am so so so so blessed. You are right. I can't say that enough. I am so so so so so blessed. God is good to me. Nothing is better than what Jesus did for me, but in her He has given me a woman who makes me think of Him more. It is beautiful. I am amazed at our God, and I am so thankful. So yes again, you are so right. I love her. I love Him. And I'm so thankful to both."
Xanga! So dear to my heart, for many reasons :)
I never start my day without mascara. Except today, when I did by accident. And didn’t put it on later, intentionally. Because it made me think: why should I make time to be beautiful in the world’s eyes, rather than to appreciate beauty God has made? This is me, appreciating the wind. Without mascara. And with a heart full of gratitude. What made you think of God today?
I thank God for all the people who love me. I thank Him most for those who also make me laugh.
193. A safe place to sleep at night. So many around the world do not have this luxury.
Gratitude helps you live longer, happier and more fully. Start your gratitude blog today (five things a day for which you are thankful — this practice will change your life).
“Don’t be sad, babe. God is good. Look at what He has done. Look at what He is doing in our lives.”
For this, and so many other reasons, he reminds me of Christ.
In 14.5 hours away from any work related activity, I…
- got a pep talk from someone I love who is thousands of miles away (definitely needed)
- stopped at a thruway rest stop and pretended I was on a road trip
- listened to half of two sermons
- rocked out to hymn remixes (which was quite an enjoyable sight for my fellow 90-West travelers, I’m sure)
- enjoyed two of the most amazing foods of all time (Laporta’s Greek Chicken Pizza Salad and Medium Chicken Fingers, whcih I am about to enjoy a second time now)
- had several philosophical chats with Papa
- got TEN (yes, ten!) hours of sleep to make up for this week
- mowed the lawn in anticipation of my family returning from Africa (and remembered how fabulously fun it is to be geometrically creative while mowing — my Dad’s gonna be rolling his eyes)
- made a list of five things I was thankful for about clinic yesterday (this may be the most surprising of all items on this list)
- went for a run
- shaved (this is quite a feat in my life)
- treated and dressed my only casualty incurred from all this running around — a left thumb abrasion from a tree
… all as the rain started to fall and my pager again got activated :)
Who says God can’t redeem the time?